Our goal is to provide the best ENT care in the Hampton Roads region for people of all ages.
The following documents are for your review and download or printing. If at any time you have questions/concerns/issues please call Ear, Nose and Throat, Ltd. at 757-623-0526 during office hours. For life threatening emergencies, as always, call 911 or visit the closest emergency room. For non-life threatening emergencies with regard to your treatment at Ear, Nose and Throat, Ltd., call 757-623-0526.
In order to download and view the following files you will need the free ADOBE ACROBAT READER. If you need to download the reader link below and follow the instructions.
|General Pre- Operative Information|
• Most of the procedures are performed on an out-patient basis.
We use several different hospitals and surgical centers in and around
the Norfolk area for these procedures. The instructions listed below are
meant as a general guideline. They should not be used instead of instructions
that have been given to you by your doctor. Of course, if you have any
questions about these instructions, please call our office between 8:00
AM – 4:30 PM (757-623-0526) prior to your scheduled surgery date.
• Adults, as a rule, you should not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your surgery.
• Children’s dietary/fluid restrictions will be as directed.
• Stop taking aspirin or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs - Motrin, Advil, Aleve, etc.) for two (2) weeks prior to your surgery. Medications, such as Coumadin, should be stopped for five (5) days prior to your surgery.
• Your doctor will decide if you need any testing prior to your surgery. This testing might include blood test, chest x-ray or EKG (electrocardiogram), etc. If required, have all lab work done at least one (1) week prior to surgery unless otherwise directed.
• Your surgery will be authorized prior to your surgery date. We make every effort to get approval, if for some unforeseen circumstances the surgery is not approved by your insurance carrier, you will be contacted and other arrangements will need to be made prior to surgery.
• For self-pay clients, you will need to talk to the billing department at Ear, Nose and Throat, Ltd. prior to the scheduling of your surgery.
|Sentara Norfolk General Hospital:||(757) 388-2200 - 388-4325|
|Sentara Norfolk OSDU:||(757) 388-2200- 388-4325|
|Sentara Leigh Memorial Hospital:||(757) 261-6735|
|Leigh ASC:||(757) 261-6735|
|Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughter:||(757) 668-7332 - Between 10 Am and 2 PM|